Now that you’ve joined a league, there are a few steps before the fun begins…
Your Draft Is Coming Up!
Email Your League
This will send a message to the entire league, using their email address they have registered with the site. You can then reply to all and carry on the discussion via email.
You can also use the chat feature on your league page to discuss anything related to your upcoming season.
The only downside here is that it requires all managers to log in and check the chat to partake in the discussion.
Make sure you’re prepared for Draft Day – you don’t want to be doing last minute draft research while you’re on the clock. While you’re making your lists and checking them twice, make sure you add some players to your draft queue.
Here’s a few helpful links for Draft Research:
- Master Spreadsheet – full fantasy stats, category rankings, and a whole lot more
- Player Rankings Top 25 for 2018-19
- Fantasy Football – Draft Tips and Strategy
- Draft Fantasy Football – For Absolute Beginners
- Game Guide – a thorough breakdown of all scoring, rules, and features of how our fantasy platform works
Step 3: Enter the Draft Room
If you’ve played any sort of draft fantasy before it can be a little overwhelming. We suggest you enter the draft room and familiarize yourself with the various columns and buttons so that you’re ready to go when you’re on the clock.
Your player queue is vital to your draft. It serves several purposes:
- if you get disconnected or accidentally close your browser and miss your draft pick, auto-pick will select the player at the top of your queue
- it serves as a scratch pad for your draft, allowing you to add players who you don’t want to forget about later in the draft
- if you cannot be present for the draft or need to leave in the middle, it will select players from your queue before selecting from the remaining players list
Add players to your draft queue by clicking their name in the player table, then hitting the “queue” button at the top of the screen.
The draft clock displays in the upper-right corner and counts down the time remaining for the current pick to be made. Underneath the draft clock you can see how many picks until your turn.
Underneath the draft clock is the selection order. It will scroll up as the picks are made.
By default, all draft selections display here. Use the pulldown menu to filter to team-by-team selections. This is especially useful to see what picks you’ve made and which position(s) you need to take with your remaining picks.